Duties & Responsibilities
IT Planning Management
- Supporting the Product Specialists and Team Leads – to continually develop and implement an integrated planning cycle, providing analysis of planning submissions across MDEC. To ensure that planning submissions are in-line with the strategic direction of the and that outcomes of plans are effectively measured, monitored, and reported.
- Provide Management Reports and ensure centralise information being deliver to the right stakeholders. It is to ensure that the management makes informed and timely decisions for the success of the project. Following are some of the examples of management reporting:
a. Overall progress and health of projects
b. Status of milestones and deliverables across the portfolio
c. Financial information about the budget, forecast, actuals, margins, etc.
d. Project risks and progress on mitigating these risks.
e. Operational efficiency and project performance
f. Effective management and utilization of enterprise resources
a. Establish project requesting, selection and prioritisation process.
b. Streamline workflow for resource requisition and allocation.
c. Gathering up to date information about employee skills, interests, experience
d. Forecast and provide early warning before it is too late.
- Enables team efficiency by facilitating knowledge transfers between departmental project teams. It makes project plans, reviews, templates, and documentation widely available to concerned members, saving time and costs that would have otherwise gone into rework. Rather than reinventing the wheel, project teams can not only shorten their learning curve but can also get more work off the ground from the organizational knowledge being shared.
a. Aligning remote teams and bringing everyone on the same page
b. Completing task faster without unnecessary waiting
c. Communicating faster with the right person without chaos
d. Addressing urgent issues faster and effective
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related area such as: Computer Science or Information Technology
- Possesses Project Management Professional Certification i.e PMP, PRINCE2 Practitioner is an added advantage.
- Ability to lead/manage multiple projects and project teams consisting of UI/UX, software developers, testers and technical writers.
- Deep understanding of the SDLC framework (Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM, Kanban etc.)
- A minimum of five years' experience in the industry.
- A minimum of one year's experience in a supervisory position which manages large development teams is a MUST.
- Knowledge in project management tools such as Atlassian Jira, Microsoft Projects, Microsoft Office 365, Airtable is a must.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to details and technicalities.
- Excellent organizational and technical skills.
- Good interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
- Drives scope development and management
- Develops and manages project budgets, schedules, and timelines
- Employs strong organizational skills
- Incorporates time management principles into the work flow
- Integrates ongoing risk management trade-offs
- Collects and structures the available data impacting the project
- Makes timely decisions based on facts, circumstances, and needs
- Conducts scenario analysis
- Conveys information to all key stakeholders in both written and verbal formats
- Determines and utilizes the appropriate communication channels
- Infers meaningful insights from a collection of data
- Employs active listening
- Prepares and delivers presentations