Posted on 26 Apr 2021
14 days left for application
Duties & Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations of managing Cloud Services including software deployment and upgrades, system setup, system administration, monitoring, incident resolution, problem management, configuration and change management, service desk, security management and monitoring, capacity planning, availability management, disaster recovery and routine update of services.
- Ensures timely liaison with vendors regarding problems, fixes, and required enhancements.
- Creates and maintains strategies related to Cloud Infrastructure and Cloud Services throughout the enterprise ensuring all performance and cost curves are closely managed.
- Drives the adoption and articulate the risks/opportunities from leveraging Cloud Infrastructure.
- Oversees and directs the timely evaluation, qualification, and implementation of new software products, tools, and related appliances as it pertains to the Cloud environment.
- Working in tandem with MDEC Application team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
- Planning, designing, and developing cloud-based applications.
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
- Using your extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers, using JSON or XML as needed.
- Lead and develop best practices for larger Cloud Engineer team.
- Building and designing web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the company.
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science / IT or equivalent
- Certifications in ITIL, Project Management, Information Security qualifications like CISM, CISA, CISSP and Cloud-related qualifications like AWS Certified Solution Architect Associate, AWS – Certified SysOps Administrator, AWS – Certified Developer, COMPTIA – Cloud+ Certified would be advantageous.
- Minimum 5 years practical experience in IT infrastructure
- Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services.
- Experience working with OpenStack, Linux/UNIX, Rackspace, Docker and Microsoft Azure.
- At least three years’ experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required.