Lead and manage the implementation of internal audit exercise as per annual audit plan for specific business division / projects ensuring coverage of major business risk
1. Manage the implementation of audit plans for specific business areas and projects, ensuring coverage of major business risk
- Undertake major lead role in internal audit assignment.
- To assist the Head of Internal Audit in developing an annual audit plan covering the whole system of internal control based on the Group's significant business processes and specific areas of management's concerns.
- To guide team members in resolving field work issues which include client relationship management, analysis, methodology, risk management issues, technical issues, etc.
- To assist Corporate Assurance review or any other exercise as determined by Head of ACA
- To conduct high level risk assessment based on the strategic documents and business plans for high risk areas.
- Liaise with internal and external clients (including management level of the group) to clarify business and operational issues and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Establish risk-based audit programs for all audit assignments.
- To prepare the audit planning memorandum highlighting the specific objective and scope of audits.
- Conducts risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks
- Performs audit procedures to verify that controls are in place and operating effectively and to highlight any control gaps and opportunities for improvement
- Analyses and concludes on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment.
- Documents the results of audit work in accordance with organization and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Communicate audit findings to senior management and prepare a comprehensive and complete audit report with minimum corrections based on turnaround targets.
- To perform follow-up on audit findings and recommendations with management to ensure all gaps identified have been effectively addressed
4. Training and guidance
- Provide on the job training and guidance to auditors on the field and plan for formal development of human capital.
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standardsQualifications
- Process analysis
- Risk management
- Business expertise
- Industry expertise
- Financial / performance analysis