This is a managerial role that focuses on creating strategic partnerships with local and foreign government offices (embassies, consulates, agencies), associations, business chambers and tech ecosystem stakeholders.
The candidate is tasked to create initiatives with these global alliances to accelerate digital exports of Malaysian tech companies.
The candidate must possess end-to-end accountability, strategy development, implementation, resource planning to budget management. The successful candidate must have strong business development skills, marketing and/or sales background with demonstrated contribution to strategy development, project management, budget management and a creative approach to problem-solving.
1. Structure collaborations and initiatives with partners that benefit Malaysian tech companies.
2. Strike strategic alliances with partners, leading to exports, funnels, business deals, pilots, funding opportunities for Malaysian tech companies, as well as ensuring that they are implemented in a measurable and sustainable manner.
3. Collaborate with Malaysian tech companies and partners to curate targeted workshops, webinars, business matchings and pitching sessions
4. Develop and host dedicated roundtable sessions with local and foreign chambers and associations to widen engagements with key business stakeholders in targeted countries.
5. Identify and manage portfolio of Malaysian tech companies (export-ready) to connect and build business opportunities with global partners and buyers
6. Identify areas of improvement (program design, policies, and procedure) and leading the development and continuous evolution of the digital export initiative.
7. Plan and execute online/offline content to market and promote value propositions of Malaysian tech companies to potential global partners and stakeholders.
8. Contribute and collaborate with internal MDEC stakeholders in the development of new initiatives as well as existing MDEC initiatives.
9. End to end accountability from strategy development, implementation, resource and budget management for the department.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Economics/ IT/Engineering/Marketing/Management or related fieldsCompetency Required
1. Strong business acumen possesses an entrepreneurial mindset, outcome-driven and hard working. Direct business experience via co-founding a company is added advantage.
2. At least 5 years of international business development and/or sales experience within the tech or other related sectors or start-up.
3. Experience in strategy development & project management, with a creative approach to problem-solving.
4. Sound marketing and promotions experience, e.g. digital marketing, brand development, marketing and communications are added advantages.
5. Professional, courteous and enjoys working collaboratively and in cross-functional roles.
6. Challenges status-quo and takes the initiative to make the necessary changes for the benefit of the team and company.
7. Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as relationship-building skills.