Duties & Responsibilities
To assist and support the team in research and analysis, and in managing programmes and activities in the following areas:
A. Review, research and analysis
- Conducting review, research and analysis on cross border digital trade / e-commerce matters including those being discussed and explored at global and regional level and under free trade agreements and other international collaborations.
- Organizing, analyzing and synthesizing information gathered for identification of trends, best practices and benchmarking.
- Developing detailed report with findings and recommendations
- Preparing and developing findings into presentations to MDEC internal and external stakeholders
B. Free Trade Agreements and Cross Border Collaborations
- Reviewing and analyzing relevant free trade agreements and cross border collaborations relevant and relating to digital trade / e-commerce
- Benchmarking and making comparisons.
- Reviewing and analyzing Malaysia’s position including relevant laws and regulations
- Formulating proposed position for Malaysia
- Drafting input and preparing reports
C. Thought Leadership and Regional Presence
- Identifying and prioritizing opportunities for MDEC to establish thought leadership position in digital trade / e-commerce at regional and global forums
- Planning, organizing and managing regional symposium, workshops, seminars on digital trade / e-commerce.
D. Stakeholder Engagement
- Engaging and obtaining buy in from stakeholders from both public and private sectors.
- Engaging, organizing and conducting focus group discussions with relevant stakeholders
- Performing other tasks as may be assigned by Senior Manager, Cross Border Rules
1. Degree in law, international relations, economics, journalism, English language, statistics, ICT or other relevant fields.
2. Between 1 to 3 years’ experience in a direct or related field.
3. Knowledge and/exposure relating to digital trade / e-commerce and working experience in public policy analysis, economic analysis, legal or international trade, industry development, stakeholder engagements, consulting, would be considered an advantage