Duties & Responsibilities
Integrating ESG across MDEC
- Coordinate the systematic integration of ESG principles and practices across MDEC, aligned with the organisation’s Business Plan and ESG Roadmap.
- Map MDEC’s Business Plan and key performance indicators, and align data collection and analysis, to sustainability goals and metrics.
- Ensure that ESG responsibilities are clearly defined, communicated and implemented across the organisation.
- Identify and influence the implementation of key initiatives and policy changes across the organisation, monitoring and reporting progress.
Building an ESG-conscious culture in MDEC
- Develop a network of ESG Champions across MDEC’s divisions
- Organise internal awareness activities e.g., internal events, training activities and communication channels in partnership with the Communications, Transformation and HR teams.
Managing MDEC’s sustainability performance and reporting
- Develop narrative on MDEC’s ESG integration strategy
- Compile, evaluate and manage MDEC’s ESG performance – proactively identifying and addressing ESG risks/opportunities in collaboration with various divisions.
- Produce MDEC’s annual ESG Impact Report
- Amplify ESG achievements, via internal and external communications and engagements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, environmental management, or any related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in business and/or sustainable development / ESG, experience in integrating ESG into business and sustainability reporting would be an added advantage.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills – presentation slides, written and verbal communication in English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Growth mindset – committed to continuous improvement, learning and development
- Highly motivated, with a passion for business integrated ESG and sustainability.
- Proven project management experience
- Takes responsibility for delivering timely and quality results with focus and drive.
- Strong time management and organisational skills, including the ability to multi-task.
- Strength in planning and executing assignments independently, and as part of a wider, cross functional team.
- Seeks out opportunities to create effective change and suggests innovative ideas for improvement.
- Understand how the role fits with and supports organisational objectives.