Content & Public Relations Executive responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating internal and external communications strategy and materials to effectively support MDEC's communication narratives and maximize positive exposure locally and internationally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Experienced in putting together content, pitches and story angles to effectively articulate MDEC's stories and narratives.
- Responsible for strategizing, developing and effectively communicating MDEC's objective, narrative and programs to continuously create positive sentiments and impact locally and internationally.
- Develop effective PR Plans for Rakyat centric communications using appropriate strategies and tactics
- Nurture and enhance relationship with the media to effectively secure coverage in the desired publications
- Arrange for interviews and public speaking opportunities to profile MDEC's spokespeople, its business partners as well case studies.
- Use a variety of channels (TV, press, online, social media etc.) to maximize MDEC's exposure
- Research, support and develop effective PR plans using appropriate strategies and tactics
- Plan, implement and manage public relations strategies
- Organize and manage various Public Relations activities
- Measure performance and produce reports on PR KPIs and each PR campaign/ activity/ events
- Work with marketing team to ensure the PR initiatives are in line with the overall corporate brand
- Research and gather information for media and other stakeholder consumption.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, influencers, internal and external stakeholders.
- Stay up to date with PR and industry trends, media updates and best practices
Speeches and Talking Points
- Ability to put together speeches, briefing documents and other document for stakeholders within MDEC, the government and external stakeholders.
- 8-10 years of experience in writing, PR and media industry
- Diploma/Degree in communications, journalism or similar relevant field
- Proven experience as a writer and public relations executive
- Proven experience in putting together content for government leaders, C-Level executives and its stakeholders.
- Proven experience in dealing with the media and coordinating and managing effective PR initiatives
- Excellent communication and writing skills; ability to put together quality written materials for speeches, press releases, briefing documents etc
- Ability to build strong relationships with teams in MDEC, its partners, the government and Malaysians as a whole.
- A creative mind partnered with the ability to find the best practical solutions