The role will be primarily leading the Integrity Corrective Unit (ICU) in Integrity and Governance Department (IGD). The incumbent will be expected to strategize and manage initiatives related to ICU’s core functions:
1. Complaint Management; and
2. Detection and Verification.
The incumbent also expected to work closely with various stakeholders in instilling the culture of integrity and good governance.
FUNCTION: COMPLAINTS MANAGEMENT
• To lead and effectively manage all complaints and information of unethical activities received from internal and external parties.
• To analyse data and trends of the complaints and develop monthly reporting for internal and external stakeholders, including Bahagian Pengurusan Integriti Agensi (BPIA) of MACC and Unit Integrity of Kementerian Komunikasi dan Multimedia Malaysia (KKMM),
FUNCTION: DETECTION & VERIFICATION
• To detect and verify information related to corruption, breach of Code of Conduct and other relevant policies within the organization.
• To prepare complete report on the conducted verification together with recommendation to the Head of Department on whether the complaint should be forwarded to the relevant enforcement organisation.
• For issues involved MDEC employees, the report should be endorsed by Head of Department and hand-over to Human Capital Division for further action.
• For issues involved compliance of an MSC Status companies, the report should be endorsed by Head of Department and hand-over to the Compliance team.
• For other internal administrative issues, the report should be endorsed by Head of Department and forwarded to the relevant department within MDEC for further action.
• For criminal cases, reports on the outcome of detection and verification must be reported directly to the relevant enforcement agency such as Royal Malaysia Police, Immigration Department of Malaysia.
FUNCTION: PROJECT AND TEAM MANAGEMENT
• To support Head of Department and/or Board member in an organizational and global cross reference to gain best practices on integrity, governance, and compliance.
• To provide timely reporting to internal and external stakeholders
• To identify and pursue relevant mitigation plans for potential risk factors.
• To effectively manage allocation of resources including budget and staff within agreed timeline and quality of standards.
• To supervise and provide continuous coaching, guidance, and feedback to team members.
• To identify capability and skill gaps of team members and recommend suitable training program.
• Undertake any related function/project/work as required by HOD from time to time.
• Bachelor’s degree in any related field with at least 7-10 years of working experience.
• Possess relevant knowledge and exposure in governance, compliance, legal including industrial relations, complaint management, risks, human resources and audit related activities.
• Good understanding and knowledge on National Anti-Corruption Plan (NACP), Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act and other relevant law and regulations.
• Certified Integrity Officer (CeIO) or any professional qualification/certification from the Malaysian Institute of Integrity (IIM) and/or other associations will be an added advantage.
• Hands-on experience in governance, risk management, and compliance.Competency Required
• Demonstrate undivided commitment towards ethics and integrity with zero disciplinary record.
• Meticulous analysis in examination of facts and documents. Able to connect the dots in the assessment of evidence and during the fact findings process.
• Strong drive to guide and motivate others to speak up the truth and act with integrity.
• Strategic and analytical insight with the ability to connect the dots.
• Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
• Knowledge in conducting performance evaluation and change management principles.