This is a managerial role that focuses on creating strategic partnerships and value with the Fintech ecosystem to develop and enrich the Malaysian Fintech start-up ecosystem.
To support in designing and implementing programmes under MDEC to accelerate the growth of the Malaysian, regional and global startup ecosystem and create a critical mass of commercial, investment and market access-ready startups. In addition, to be the subject matter expert in establishing controls, monitoring and governance processes.
1. Working with Fintech startups to:
2. Developing and holding relationships with key influencers in the fintech ecosystem (e.g. regulators, corporates, venture funds, accelerators, university labs and programs). Activities include putting MDEC assets to support companies, driving partner relationships for the portfolio, jointly producing thought leadership and educational events for the broader startup ecosystem.
3. Collaborating with colleagues across MDEC to better serve the needs of Fintech at all stages of startup life from ideation to exit.
4. Discovering, capturing, and reporting back patterns and learnings from the field about challenges and opportunities as they relate to fintech. Continuously assessing the fintech market landscape as it relates to startups.
5. Producing fintech thought leadership and technical-leaning content, workshops, and events for the startup ecosystem. Serving as an advocate and fintech subject matter expert within MDEC and externally.
6. Informing, influencing, and contributing to the work of other financial services-related colleagues across MDEC.Qualifications
The candidate will have end-to-end accountability, from strategy development, implementation, resource planning to budget management. The successful candidate will have a strong business development, marketing and/or sales background with demonstrated contribution to strategy development, project management, budget management with a creative approach to problem-solving.