Duties & Responsibilities
1) Develop/enhance the strategic enablers for Domestic Cloud and Data Centre ecosystem
- Undertake the situational analysis (ie. local and regional, markets, technologies, opportunities and emerging trends, etc.) to guide the industry development for Data Centre and Cloud
- Research and analysis on macro competitive factors related to the data centre and cloud ecosystem; policies, regulations, technology, competitors, legal and regulatory regime and financial incentives
- Research and analysis on technologies, best practices on data policies (security, privacy, compliance, sovereignty) for cloud and data centres
- Assist in case studies/business case development
- Assist the preparation and escalation of policy papers, reports and documentations
- Monitoring the implementation of strategic enablers.
- Industry desktop research – develop database and keeping in touch with Industry news and events
2) Positioning of Malaysia as a global hub for cloud and data centre services through industry/ stakeholder engagement
- Assist in planning and organizing business engagement forums webinars to increase cloud adoption in various sector of industry
- Assist in identifying policy gaps, proposing policies (research on policies, regulations and engagement with Ministries, industries, regulators)
3) Monitoring and administrative - maintenance of competitive intelligence and databases (DC ecosystem)
- Research and update information on cloud and data centre industry related news, trends and information.
- Maintain a database of data centres related industry information and reports such as on policies, telecommunication and networking studies, reports, pricing competitive factors
- Documentation, progress tracking, reporting and processing of invoices
4) Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned by the Management and/or Division/BU Head
- Support and participate in organisational or enterprise-wide initiatives, programmes and committees.
5) Undertake special projects/ ad-hoc tasks assigned by Supervisor and Senior Management as and when required.
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering (Telecommunications/Computer/Electronics), Economics, Technology Management or other relevant field.
- Data centre and cloud ecosystem
- Knowledge on utilities such as telecommunication & energy source, cloud technologies and services, in relation to data centres
- Internet, networking, broadband, submarine cables
- Policies and Legislation to Data Protection/Governance
- Continuous learning and improvement
- Independent and result-driven
- Project management
- Strategic & analytical thinking
- Presentation skills
- Research and report writing (analysis reporting)