Duties & Responsibilities
Manage Rakyat events/ programmes which are led by Event Management Department / Corporate Affairs Division
- Manage team to conduct due diligence to assess merits of potential campaigns/ programmes against MDEC’s and its Brand vision, mission and objectives
- Drive effective implementation and delivery of KPIs of team within quality standards by managing performance on a regular basis
- Drive and Manage effective Rakyat events/ programmes especially on Jelajah #SayaDigital in alignment with agreed strategy within compliance and agreed deadlines
- Perform thorough market research trends and competitive analysis to understand and assist in developing a competitive plan for company offerings to stakeholders.
- Manage and support the collation of valuable inputs and updates of information analysis on a timely basis to ensure the effective implementation of Rakyat Events programmes and initiatives
- Manage and support Rakyat Events programmes and initiatives an integrated communications and engagement approach with relevant stakeholders, clients and other related parties.
- Ensure MDEC’s Marketing Communications guidelines are adhered to at all times for effective implementation of Rakyat Events programmes and initiatives
- Contribute towards reviewing and editing existing project promotional concept and materials for promotional effectiveness, cross-selling implications and adherence to brand guidelines.
- Implement quality control mechanism in all Rakyat Events programmes and initiatives action plans to ensure the delivery of service excellence.
- Manage and analyze risks factors to formulate risks mitigation measures
Facilitate and conduct engagement programmes with State Governments
- Deputize and Assist Senior Manager as a point of contact on matters pertaining to State Government programmes/platforms
- Assist Senior Manager in analysing all information pertaining to the State Government programmes/platforms to better understand the needs and expectation of the State Governments
- Monitoring and updating of key State Government related information e.g. State Government meetings and programmes’ timeline
- Assist Senior Manager in the escalation of information pertaining to State Government programmes/platforms to internal stakeholder to further improve the execution of the state programmes
- Coordinate engagement session with State governments (eg State Immersion Programme) and via other channels to garner support in delivering MDEC social inclusion programmes
- Facilitate and coordinate requests from States Goverment for engagement programme
- Develop Key Government Stakeholders’ Profile, briefings / presentations slides / reports & manage business intelligence / research work for the Department
Develop, Plan, Manage and Support specifically assigned Rakyat Events programmes and initiatives especially on Jelajah #SayaDigital and contribute to the achievement of the defined goals and outcomes of the projects
- Develop and Manage assigned tasks within compliance and agreed deadlines
- Manage and review valuable input and updates analysis on a timely basis for campaign / programme promotional objectives
- Manage and support Rakyat Events programmes and initiatives via an integrated communications and engagement approach with relevant stakeholders, clients and other related parties.
- Report/escalate critical issues to the Event Management Team Senior Manager/Head when the needs arise
Manage the effective implementation of processes and programmes in compliance to the MDEC governance, policies and procedures
- Manage resources prudently and ensure work processes are effectively and efficiently adhered to within quality standards.
- Manage the team’s full compliance to the Events and MDEC’s policies and procedures in executing assigned programmes
- Administer programmes and processes diligently and within policy compliance standards by making timely decisions and referring where required.
- Regularly update self with the Events Team and MDEC policies and procedures and apply the updated knowledge in daily operationally.
- Ensure effective and professional management of official vendors, contractors and other suppliers’ services and performance to support MDEC’s aspirations, intent and corporate identity.
Manage Special Projects/ Assignments as and when assigned by Head of Department / Division
- Plan and Manage self / team assigned tasks within compliance and agreed deadlines
Manage team members personal and professional development
- Provide coaching, guidance and feedbacks to team members, identify capability/skills gaps and recommend growth/training programmes accordingly.
- Encourage, Develop and Enhance the capabilities of team members for continued team growth and development by providing personal supervision, guidance and feedback.
Manage department financial matters and other operational requirements
- Manage and track the preparation of department budget utilization and administrative operations (ITrack, PID, ad hoc reports and presentations )
Contribute to the achievement of departmental and divisional goals productively and efficiently
- Effectively and efficiently manage team and resources and make timely recommendations to management to improve processes / resource utilization
- Administer and Manage team members’ compliance to department, division and MDEC processes and procedures.
- Manage team members’ line of sight and coordination across department, division and organization to achieve MDEC Mission and Vision.
- Manage self/team members SOP/SLA/Process Improvement for continued excellence and improvement to work processes
- Participate in projects and initiatives to drive for outcomes and to contribute towards efficient and effective work processes.
- Minimum 10 years working experience with extensive exposure and understanding the intricacies of dealing with high profile individuals from the Public Sector (Undersecretary level and above), Private Sector (CEOs and Senior Mgmt) and State Governments.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree Holder in one of the following areas: Communication, Economics, Business, Marketing, International Relations, Political Science. Holding a Master’s Degree would be an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of MDEC, Digital Economy initiatives & programmes
- Extensive knowledge of the overall Malaysian Government structure, administration system, machinery and political system.
- Extensive knowledge of PMO, KKOM, other ministries, states government and agencies’ machinery, structure, reporting and administration.
- Extensive experience in Government – Industry collaboration Programmes relating to Digital Economy partnerships and overall industry development.
- Negotiation and Communication skills - Excellent writing and presentation skills able to present programme plans to clients and stakeholders and able to make persuasive arguments verbally and in written form.
- Interpersonal Skills - Excellent people skills and able to effectively interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Organizational skills - Strong project management and; highly organised and able to work effectively on multiple projects/project types.
- A capacity for detail, in order to ensure efficient and thorough consideration and execution of assigned projects.
- Solutions-oriented - Taking initiative to formulate executable approaches to company challenges/ opportunities and express recommendations cogently to management and colleagues.
- Values/ Organizational Commitment.
- Continuous Learning and Improvement.