1. Assume leadership roles within procurement.
2. Responsible to provide end-to-end advisory role on procuring goods & service of high risk and complex and procurement systems to ensure that they are aligned with MDEC approved policies and procedures.
1. Provide advisory role to Business Unit on procuring of goods and services activities of high risk and complex.
2. Assesses, develop, and implements long and short-range plans that support the Business Unit on procuring of goods and services activities.
3. Works with Business Unit to ensure early procurement involvement in developing purchasing strategic plans
4. Responsible for establishing, executing and procurement tracking project plans.
5. Recommends and implements improvements in procurement processes.
6. Responsible for supporting Business Unit in their procurement activities within the assigned location or geography.
7. May participate in procuring activities in support of multiple Business Units.
8. Communicates / negotiates with Business Unit, Suppliers, and management team.
9. Prepares presentations for procurement related activities.
10. Accountable to ensure that MDEC policies, processes and guidelines are understood and followed.
11. Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.Qualifications
1. Purchasing related working experience (>10 years)
2. DegreeCompetency Required
1. Soft Skills
o Leadership with strong organizational & interpersonal skills.
o Ability to work well under pressure.
o Meet Deadlines and time management.
o Work independently and professionally at all levels.
o Clear communications and direction.
2. Technical Skills/ Knowledge
o Has advanced knowledge of business principles such as purchasing, materials logistics, business and contract law, finance, and accounting.
o Requires significant experience in procurement or related functions with particular emphasis on negotiation and contract administration.
o Utilizes strong interpersonal, oral, and written skills to conduct daily activities.
o Develops and maintains regular communication channels and interfaces with Business Unit.
o Regularly negotiates, advisory, facilitate moderate & complex sourcing related issues.
o Provides timely communication to all affected individuals
o Independently recommends creative improvements to business controls processes