This role is responsible to ensure effective management of the overall building & compound facilities, security, renovation & space planning in all MDEC Offices (Cyberjaya, Bangsar South and Penang). At the same time to oversee the environmental, safety & health aspect of the organization.
This position guides and advocates best practices within the set guidelines of the organization to efficiently manage requisition, eliminates wastage and improve turnaround time for ultimate cost savings and to provide secure and conducive office environment.
1. Lead, Plan and Manage daily operations of all in-house and outsourced servicing vendors as below (not limited to):
Cleaning, Maintenance, Electrical, Fire System, Security, CCTV, Access Cards & System, Landscape, Fixed Line, Parking, Lift, Automated Sliding Door, Pest Control, Hygiene, External Document Storage, Chilled Water Supply and other related building facilities.
o Manage all outsourced facility/building servicing vendors in delivering work within the agreed terms and SLA stated in the contract agreement and adhere to SOPs and policies.
o Lead and manage internal Facility Management team and develop/implement/ improve timelines on escalation process for various type of issues for problem solving and decision making.
o Lead and perform end-to-end procurement process for all services mentioned above according to the latest Procurement process (RFQ or RFP).
o Continuously track all contract agreement dates and services listings to ensure continuous services.
o Review, enhance and update the SOPs based on latest practices.
o Monitor and track all documentations and communications for audit purposes and future references.
o Lead meetings and discussions with internal customers and/or external parties, and provide input and feedback
o Support and work closely with Head of Department and Admin Manager on preparation of cost analysis and resolving operational issues
2. Lead and develop programs and plans for: Construction, Refurbishment, Renovation & Space Planning
o Lead, plan, design, and execute multiple renovation or maintenance projects to meet program requirements, budget and time constraints, and its successful execution of projects and compliance with project specifications
o Lead and plan best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new space, or re-organizing current premises, and its successful execution.
o Develop plan renovation works according to procedure and authority requirements
o Monitor the team to update all drawings (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, and Office Layout) according to the current installation and layout.
o Complies with procurement policies and guidelines and performs end-to-end procurement process for special projects according to latest Procurement processes (RFQ or RFP).
3. Manage, Develop and Plan with the team the processes and procedures to be carried-out to ensure compliance requirement by the Local Approving Authorities, District Land Office and Regulatory (building and facilities) are adhered to:
• JKKP Certificate
• Suruhanjaya Tenaga
• Fire Certificate
• Billboard License
• Fire Extinguishers Certificate
• MPS Assessment Fees
• Quit Rent Fees
• Electrical Calibration
4. Lead, Manage, Implement and Maintain comprehensive environmental, safety & health (ESH) programs for all MDEC offices
o Work closely with Risk Management team to develop ESH policies and procedures in line with applicable statutory requirements
o Identify and analyse root causes of accidents/ incidents and make appropriate recommendations on preventive measures to be taken to prevent recurrence
o Report and advise Management pertaining to ESH matters.
o Work on other ESH related matters
5. Supervise and provide advice and guidance on general administration functions to the team members
o Work closely with team members to understand their individual role and to assist whenever and wherever possible
o Work effectively with all HCD team members to establish best practice and harmonious working environment i.e. help to circulate necessary information and managing staff welfare
o Provide coaching and performance feedback to the team to ensure that the assigned KPIs are met
6. Supports Head of Department on related work as assigned
o Support and work closely with peers
o Performs other related work assigned
1. Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate, Diploma, Professional Degree in Engineering (Electrical/Mechanical/Civil) or in Property or Building or Facilities Management or equivalent - Extensive experience in facilities management, managing office administration, knowledge in procurement procedures.
2. Candidate must have the Professional Certification of National Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH) – Green Book
3. Candidate must be a Registered Safety & Health Officer (SHO) with DOSH Malaysia and experience in managing environmental performance and safety health action plans and initiatives
4. Minimum experience 6-8 years (preferably at senior position)Competency Required
1. Soft Skills
a. Analytical Mind
b. Negotiation Skills
c. Sound work ethics, Integrity and Accountability
d. Values/Organizational Commitment
e. Organizing Skills/Self starter
f. Excellent Interpersonal Skills
g. Team player and receptive to change
2. Technical/Functional Skills
a. MS Office Suite
c. Property Management
d. Facility Management & Maintenance Practices
e. Vendor Management Negotiation Skills
f. Decision Making Skills
g. Problem Solving Skills
h. Organizing Skills
i. General Administration