Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the implementation of audit plans for specific business areas and projects, ensuring coverage of major business risk:
Apply the principle of strategy in the development and implementation of audit review strategies to add value to the business:
- Undertake major lead role in internal audit assignment.
- To assist the Head of Internal Audit in developing an annual audit plan covering the whole system of internal control based on the Group's significant business processes and specific areas of management's concerns.
- To guide team members in resolving field work issues which include client relationship management, analysis, methodology, risk management issues, technical issues, etc.
- To assist Corporate Assurance review or any other exercise as determined by Head of IAD.
Ensure quality audit execution and reporting process within target turnaround time:
- To conduct high level risk assessment based on the strategic documents and business plans for high risk areas.
- Liaise with internal and external clients (including management level of the group) to clarify business and operational issues and provide recommendations for improvements.
Training and guidance:
- Establish risk-based audit programs for all audit assignments.
- To prepare the audit planning memorandum highlighting the specific objective and scope of audits.
- Conducts risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
- Performs audit procedures to verify that controls are in place and operating effectively and to highlight any control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Analyses and concludes on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment.
- Documents the results of audit work in accordance with organization and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Communicate audit findings to senior management and prepare a comprehensive and complete audit report with minimum corrections based on turnaround targets.
- To perform follow-up on audit findings and recommendations with management to ensure all gaps identified have been effectively addressed.
- Provide on the job training and guidance to auditors on the field and plan for formal development of human capital.
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
Bachelor Degree preferably in Accounting or Finance or any other related fields and/or professional qualification such as CIA or CISA.
- More than 8 years relevant internal audit working experience with approximately 3 years in supervisory role with proven track record in team leadership, multi-tasking and meeting objectives and targets.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- High standard of integrity and ethical practice, hands on approach, adaptability, meticulous, good team player and ability to work independently.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Sound independent judgement.
- Technical Skills / Knowledge Specialization:
- Process analysis
- Risk management
- Business expertise
- Industry expertise
- Financial / performance analysis