The purpose of this role is to provide technical support, which includes maintaining, resolving, coordinating, and communicating for incidents across MDEC for various applications. The support can be inclusive of application and infrastructure changes, system deployment and security patches, hardware upgrades, bug fixes, etc. This role shall provide services to help product management and project teams to maintain applications in MDEC.
The following are the expected roles and responsibilities:
1) To resolve IT application-related incidents, change requests and problems in a timely and efficient manner
2) Ensure Root Cause Analysis is conducted with no repeating incident
3) Create and drive permanent solutions and improvements after root cause is identified
4) Liaise with related 3rd parties / vendors to ensure system stabilization, system troubleshooting and identify root cause
5) Provide timely communication to project teams / business stakeholders on the status of their service requests and incidents
6) To be involved in designing, coding, database query, testing and deployments based on business and technical requirements
7) Re-factoring, updating, and maintaining backend code and processes, including web servers, API servers, databases, integrations, and interfacing modules
8) Ensure the stability and security of all front and back-end component
9) Monitor and optimize the service availability, performance, and throughput of supported IT applications.
10) Managing MDEC Git
11) Plans, coordinate and manage activities related to application management, including change request, deployment, vendor monitoring and tracking for system related
12) Maintain IT application support technical documentation
13) Perform reporting and escalation procedures to senior levels
14) Help develop ideas for new enhanced features or products, by monitoring industry developments and trends.
15) Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
1) Degree in Computer Science or similar qualification.
2) Experienced as full stack developer for at least 3 years and overall developer experience of 7 years with the following skills:
a. PHP, Laravel framework
c. MySQL, MSSQL;
e. .NET technology and Microsoft IIS
f. SOA principles and technologies; SOAP, REST, XML, JSON, WSDL, micro-services architecture.
3) Proficient with front-end frameworks especially in Angular
4) Proficient with PHP back-end frameworks (Laravel / CodeIgniter / Symfony / CakePHP)
5) Exposure to Agile / SCRUM methodology
6) Experience in front / back-end architecture
7) Experience of public cloud (AWS, AZURE, Aliyun)
8) Experience in LINUX, Apache, Nginx with added advantage on experience with server configuration, database optimization and information security.
9) Exposure to large scale software build, integration, and test environments
10) Working experience with SaaS and/or enterprise applications
11) Significant hobby programming experience (including personal projects, hackathons and programming contests) would be appealing
12) Team-based version control systems (such as Git)
13) Good with database technology such as MySQL, MSSQL
14) Excellent problem solving and analysis skills
15) Highly self‐motivated, self‐directed, a proactive approach and attentive to detail.Competency Required