Duties & Responsibilities
1. Focus areas scanning
- Systematically explore predictions and possibilities about technologies impacting the Digital Economy
- Provide insights through trend analysis and advising the respective stakeholders
- Provide recommendation to Management for next course of action based on insights developed
- Provide relevant information to measure success of strategic initiatives
- Suggest data driven optimization to business strategies through extracting and analyzing multiple data sources and turning them into actionable business insight.
- Continuously test to optimize existing campaigns, new marketing channels, and other business opportunities to improve the digital experience
- Improving customer engagement by segmenting data and/or better using the existing data
- Collaborate with the digital and marketing team to provide data-driven consultancy on the website/microsite marketing content assets, A/B testing to continually drive conversion and customer acquisition.
- Develop the appropriate reporting tools and review cadence to enable productive ongoing analysis of digital marketing program performance and key learnings to inform real-time optimizations
- Evaluate and report on initiatives across digital platforms to evaluate efficiency and effectiveness of different digital campaigns
2. Data Analytics/Insights
- Design, develop and implement data analysis in accordance to stakeholders requirement
- Perform analysis of information to proactively meet stakeholder expectations for corporate strategy setting
- Perform and provide forecast/projection based on trend analysis
- Provide insights to meet corporate and business needs for optimum decision making by the respective stakeholders
- Provide recommendations to stakeholders for next course of action based on insights developed
- Maintain and enhance the existing advanced analytics models across the company to ensure models remain effective, updated and relevant to business objective
- Support the implementation of advanced analytics projects aimed at improving business performance
- Define, build & conduct in-depth analyses of available data to identify the business trends and areas of opportunity.
3. Stakeholder Reporting
- Develops, and maintains a comprehensive enterprise-wide corporate database and management of information in preparation of a variety of specialized internal and external stakeholders required reports
- Ensure high quality data is collected and integrity of the data
- Conceptualization of data and sharing this knowledge through effective presentation of the data output to senior management
- Develop customize reports for MDEC management and key stakeholders
- Disseminate timely and accurate information to internal and external stakeholders
4. Support Services for corporate-wide initiatives
- Provide request of info/data by providing analysis/insights clusters during corporate-wide initiatives for strategic studies, strategic decisions and prioritization
- Provide web/campaign performance reporting and other relevant metrics and recommendation for optimization.
5. Insight & Analytics through dashboard development
- Gathering of data & requirement from business users in MDEC.
- Data massaging, data cleaning and data structuring skills.
- Using of analytical tools to visualize data provided by business users.
- Maintaining the dashboards and ensure updated data.
- Bachelor's degree Holder in Statistics, Data Science, Information Technology, or related field
- Minimum 5 to 8 years working experience in the field, pertaining to strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and dissemination of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with one or more Analytics tools such as Google Analytics, and etc
- Applicable knowledge of SEM Strategy and Google Tag Manager. Google Search Console, SEM strategy, Social Media, Google Adwords, Optimizely or similar is an advantage
- Experience with data visualization tool i.e. Power BI
- Experience of website analysis (how site functionality works, recommendations to optimize website performance and conversion)
- Strategic thinker and able to conceptualize solutions.
- Demonstrate analytical, business-acumen and problem-solving skills.
- Strong people skills with proven influencing and delivery power to work across-functionally and collaborate.
1. Strategic Agility (SA) - Applies external trends and considers potential risk.
- * Shows good understanding of the business imperatives and the implications in the medium term with respect to external forces.
- * Keeps up to date on current industrial trends and recognizes how it may impact one’s work area.
- * Draws inspiration from external trends / best practices to resolve issues.
2. Analytical Insights (AI) - Considers potential risks.
- * Conducts in-depth analysis to identify various inter-linkages that are not noticeably related to judge the best course of action.
- * Evaluates risks, implications and challenges of past initiatives and leverages on the insights for the current situation.
- * Evaluate best course of action by formulating mitigating plans.
3. Impact and Influence (II) - Influences using indirect strategies.
- * Understands and builds professional relationships with key stakeholders to better target communication.
- * Uses established credibility, past experiences, and expertise to convince stakeholders to create buy in
- * Probes and takes initiative to understand stakeholders’ current needs / issues and recommends win-win solutions.
4. Driving Excellence (DE) - Proactively manages contingencies.
- * Anticipates obstacles and proactively plans for multiple contingencies to speed execution.
- * Possesses the tenacity and persistence to see through improvement initiatives.
- * Takes on new roles and responsibilities when faced with unexpected changes.
5. Driving Innovation & Creativity (DIC) - Seeks for improvement opportunities.
- * Proactively looks to recommend improvements to current ways of working.
- * Draws inspiration from best practices to resolve issues.
- * Helps others to view situations from alternative perspectives to encourage creativity and innovation.
6. Self-Initiatives (SI) - Considers short term implications.
- * Willing to take slight risks based on own judgment of the situation.
- * When making plans or decisions, considers the impact those decisions will have on existing processes.
- * Adapts current plans to ensure they do not cause issues for other facets of the organization.
7. Service Orientation (SO) - Addresses underlying client needs.
- * Takes a proactive approach in resolving requests, issues / problems by taking responsibility in identifying and resolving problems before requests, issues/ problems are communicated by clients.
- * Ability to perceive client needs based on different situations and seeks information about the real underlying needs of internal and external clients beyond those expressed initially.
- * Closely follows up on requests, issues/ problems communicated.
8. Teamwork & Collaboration (TC) - Solicits and enhances inputs.
- * Genuinely values the ideas and perspectives of others and communicates directly while using language and approach that will not offend.
- * Listens to and builds on the views of others, seeking advice and input from multiple parts of the organization to ensure that there is mutual respect.
- * Able to effectively coordinate effort from multiple parts of the organization which leads to high productivity.
9. Developing Others (OT) - Provides clarity and gives context.
- * Asks questions to check that the individual understands how things work and why.
- * Supplements resources, tools, advice, demonstrations, or instructions to build greater contextual understanding of the person being developed.
- * Delegates projects or assignments to develop an individual.