Duties & Responsibilities
1) Coordinator for Incoming Visits to MDEC
- To be the key coordinator for incoming visits.
- Effectively coordinate with other internal and external stakeholders to achieve set goals of inbound visits
- To analyze and recommend incoming visits requests, requirements and outcomes in line with MDEC’s Vision and Mission.
- To coordinate and liaise with Operations Departments for matters relating to procurement and logistics arrangements for incoming visits.
- To regularly update inbound visits calendar and Brand & Strategic Partnerships management.
- To liaise with respective divisions to host and present to the visitors.
- To arrange for the logistics requirements of the visits i.e. room booking and refreshments.
- To ensure effective execution of incoming visits SOPs and policies in accordance to hierarchy, protocol and other processes.
- To utilise the inbound visits platforms as an avenue to promote and market Malaysia, MDEC and our Digital Economy initiatives.
2) To coordinate, execute and support specifically assigned outreach and both virtual and physical event-based projects owned by internal stakeholders (MDEC Divisions).
- To assist the team to execute events to drive passionate internal advocates.
- To assist the team to coordinate and execute both virtual & physical events activities within compliance and agreed deadlines.
- To provide valuable input, updates and recommendation by gathering and analyzing information on a timely basis.
- Effectively coordinate with other internal and external stakeholders to achieve set goals of outreach campaigns and event programs.
- Support in executing MDEC’s virtual and physical events programs led by the Corporate Events Department, Brand and Strategic Partnerships Division
- To support team in executing virtual and physical events projects plans preparations.
- Provide valuable input, updates and recommendation by gathering and analyzing information on a timely basis.
- Coordinate logistics activities with regards to outreach campaigns and virtual and physical events programs as and when required.
- Effectively coordinate with other internal and external stakeholders to achieve set goals of outreach campaigns and events programs.
3) Support to manage the effective implementation of processes and programs in compliance to the MDEC’s governance, policies and procedures.
- Provide effective administration of processes and programs within full compliance to the Outreach and Events Team and MDEC’s policies and procedures.
- Regularly update self with the Outreach and Events Team and MDEC policies and procedures and apply the updated knowledge in daily operations
- Assist to manage department financial matters and other operational requirements.
- Provide effective administration of department assets through an efficient recording and tracking mechanism eg an inventory/ record for buntings, camera and other items.
- Update and track programs and campaigns reports, budget report, administrative reports to management and administrative operational matters (i-track, PIDs etc.) as required.
- Effectively and professionally coordinate official vendors, contractors and other suppliers services and performance to support MDEC’s aspirations, intent and corporate identity
4) Virtual Event Production
- Responsible for coordinating and configuring the layout, design, and features during project owner’s virtual engagement process.
- Provides project owners with an understanding of technical requirements to create virtual events.
- Primary technical contact for the client team during the virtual engagement process
- Provides clients with an understanding of technical requirements to create their virtual events and provides training as needed.
- Organizes, prepares and uploads the event content for the virtual environment.
- Research of new technologies on the market to be incorporated into projects.
- Minimum Degree in Mass Communications / Public Relations
/ Management or related field.
graduate with 1 to 3 years of experience or extensive practical experience in
lieu of tertiary qualifications.
- Communication skills - Excellent writing and
verbal communication skills able
to present promotional plans to
clients and stakeholders and able
to make persuasive arguments verbally and in written form.
- Interpersonal Skills - Excellent people skills
and able to interact
effectively with colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Organizational Awareness and Compliance –
Aware of business, social and political environment both internal and
external, within which the organization operates. Demonstrate behavior
that is consistent with MDEC’s organizational rules, values and code of
- Solutions-oriented - Takes initiative to
formulate executable approaches to company challenges/opportunities and
express recommendations cogently to management and colleagues.
- Continuous Learning and Improvement
- Writing Skills
- Vendor Management
- Virtual & Physical Event Management
- Financial and Budgeting
- Basic PC skills, Microsoft office
(intermediate) and Microsoft project