The role will be primarily leading the Integrity Preventive Unit (IPU) of Integrity and Governance Department (IGD). The incumbent will be expected to strategize and manage initiatives related to IPU’s core functions:
FUNCTION: INTEGRITY STRENGTHENING
• To design and develop MDEC Integrity Campaign and proactively monitor/assess the performance and provide suggestions for improvement.
• To drive awareness and lead engagements among internal stakeholders to ensure buy-in and embracing integrity values.
• To lead, execute and monitor capacity building initiatives with regards to integrity and provide recommendations.
• To lead the development of MDEC Corruption Perception Index
• To lead the benchmarking exercise in developing MDEC’s Anti-Corruption Plan.
• To identify corruption risk in the existing policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as well as provide recommendations for improvements.
• To effectively engage with external stakeholders such as Malaysia Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) and maintain positive working relationship with MACC and other relevant agencies within the integrity/governance fraternity.
FUNCTION: PROJECT AND TEAM MANAGEMENT
• To support Head of Department and/or Board member in an organizational and global cross reference to gain best practices on integrity, governance, and compliance.
• To provide timely reporting to internal and external stakeholders
• To identify and pursue relevant mitigation plans for potential risk factors.
• To effectively manage allocation of resources including budget and staff within agreed timeline and quality of standards.
• To supervise and provide continuous coaching, guidance, and feedback to team members.
• To identify capability and skill gaps of team members and recommend suitable training program.Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in any related field with at least 7 years of working experience
• Good understanding and knowledge on National Anti-Corruption Plan (NACP), Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act and other relevant law and regulations
• Certified Integrity Officer (CeIO) or any professional qualification/certification from the Malaysian Institute of Integrity (IIM) and/or other associations will be an added advantage.
• Hands-on experience in governance, risk management, and compliance.Competency Required
• Demonstrate undivided commitment towards ethics and integrity with zero disciplinary record.
• Meticulous analysis in examination of facts and documents. Able to connect the dots in the assessment of evidence and during the fact findings process.
• Strong drive to guide and motivate others to speak up the truth and act with integrity.
• Strategic and analytical insight with the ability to connect the dots.
• Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
• Knowledge in conducting performance evaluation and change management principles.