Duties & Responsibilities
Lead the development and implementation of all Sharing Economy-related strategic policies and frameworks
- Lead the development of all sharing economy related policies and frameworks on a timely basis.
- Lead MDEC’s involvement in all relevant policies, regulations and frameworks including those initiated by other agencies/organisations and ensure that MDEC’s objectives are sufficiently addressed.
- Ideate, initiate, develop and secure buy-in for Sharing Economy policies and governance frameworks e.g. sharing economy standards, platform certification, multi-stakeholder steering committee/working groups, etc.
- Ensure that all policies and frameworks are data-driven
- Propose to Management updates on policies, procedures and frameworks so they are commensurate with business conditions.
Ensure relevant Sharing Economy related frameworks and policies are adopted and implemented on a timely basis
- Advocate MDEC’s Sharing Economy vision and objectives amongst relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Initiate and oversee MDEC’s involvement in relevant steering committees, taskforce committees, syndication sessions, workshops, expert panels with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that frameworks and policies are adopted by key stakeholders, and that the implementation is well-coordinated.
- Ensure that MDEC’s presence is well-represented (at suitable levels of representations) in all strategic committees/taskforce related to the frameworks and policies therein.
- Ensure strong working relationships with key external stakeholders (eg. KKMM, MCMC, MoHR, EPU, state governments, industry groups) to ensure well-coordinated implementation of policies and governance.
Sharing Economy Planning and Reporting
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Department (HoDept) and other unit heads in formulating short and medium-term plans covering local, regional and international market players / stakeholders (where applicable) and components of its eco-system.
- Work with the HoDept and other unit heads to coordinate and develop justification for project RMK review/rolling/business plans, and support HoDept / HoDiv in obtaining MDEC Operating Council / MDEC BOD’s approval.
- Analyze historical performance report, and monitor KPI development vis-à-vis intended outcomes.
- Lead the department’s performance reporting for internal and external stakeholders.
Monitor and Manage the performance of assigned teams
- Responsible for the tracking and monitoring of all Sharing Economy related policies and governance frameworks/structures.
- Ensure excellent and timely implementation of policies and governance frameworks/structures
- Monitor and manage the performance of assigned teams to ensure that all KPIs are met within the stipulated timelines and quality standards.
- Ensure that risks/issues that affect performance are proactively resolved or escalated
Assume responsibility for effective human resource management within the department
- Nurture and lead a high performing team which are highly inspired, motivated and engaged.
- Ensure team members are well trained, effective and well-coordinated.
- Drive a growth mindset amongst team members
- Promote continuous improvement, lifelong learning and a psychologically safe and conducive environment for honest and constructive feedback and opinions
- Oversee the manpower and resource planning for the unit
- Be a strong role model and mentor for team members, as well as a champion of MDEC values and compliance practices.
- Make recommendation for hiring, promotions, transfers and discharges of staff within supervision in the unit to dept head.
- Oversee staff development and succession planning
Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned by immediate superior
- Support and participate in organisational/divisional initiatives and programmes to enhance MDEC’s work processes and objectives
- Participate in relevant departmental/divisional/organisational committees
- Minimum Degree holder in Social Science/ IT/ Economics/ Business/ Marketing/ Management or related fields. MBA is an added advantage
- Minimum 10 years working experience with at least 5 years in managerial position; managing highly effective team
- Understanding of good domain knowledge of socio-economic demography, disruptive technology; crowdsourcing, the sharing economy models and industry at-large
- Where appropriate, the jobholder will have in-depth knowledge and expertise in a particular subject matter and is the reference point within the organization for that
- Alternatively, the jobholder will have broad experience in a subject matter and has demonstrated leadership capabilities to lead teams
- Provides the critical link with senior management by providing inputs and feedback to strategies, policies and initiatives that will enhance the achievement of goals
- Strategic/ analytical thinking
- Growth mindset
- Managing people
- Team motivator
- Values/ organizational commitment
- Excellent communicator/ presenter
- Internal and external customer focus
- Strong communications skills
- Oral communications and presentation skills
- Report writing
- Organizing for achievement
- Understanding of socio-economic development dynamics, social issues, landscape and technology readiness with regards to new opportunities created and enabled
- Strategy definition and planning
- Organizational development – team development
- Planning skills
- Strategic marketing skills
- Negotiation skills
- Knowledge on government procedures and protocols
Ability of professionally communicate, interact and engage with different level of stakeholders; top management and officials of Government ministries, C-level of local and international corporations, and able to work effectively with a wide range of communities