Duties & Responsibilities
Development related technological work
- Gather business requirements from Business Analysts, Product Manager, Project Manager and translate into technical requirements.
- Identify technological stack to use for each project based on business requirements gathered from Product managers and Business Analysts.
- Responsible for architecting and defining the development framework to solve complex application requirements and interactions that reflect the project team directions moving forward.
- Responsible for creation of all programming and deliverables
- Responsible for mentorship and guidance to technical team members in all project activities on multiple small to medium sized projects or one large project
- Lead and Manage a large team of developers and client developers (should be any)
- Be a thought leader in the development technologies and space.
- Conduct code reviews for any deliverables within projects.
- Develop and maintain automated testing
- Manage work on tools/modules deliverables from concept to completion as per project timelines
- Brainstorm and suggest design solutions based on user/product requirements
- Contribute towards an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- A Bachelor’s Degree / Masters in a related area such as: Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering
- Experience with NodeJS, Php Laravel, and other programming language framework is a plus.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in face paced development team.
- A minimum of two-year experience in a supervisory position may be advantageous.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to details and technicalities.
- Excellent organizational and technical skills.
- Good interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
Strategic Agility (SA)
Applies external trends and considers potential risk.
- Shows good understanding of the business imperatives and the implications in the medium term with respect to external forces.
- Keeps up to date on current industrial trends and recognizes how it may impact one’s work area.
- Draws inspiration from external trends / best practices to resolve issues.
Analytical Insights (AI)
Considers potential risks.
- Conducts in-depth analysis to identify various inter-linkages that are not noticeably related to judge the best course of action.
- Evaluates risks, implications and challenges of past initiatives and leverages on the insights for the current situation.
- Evaluate best course of action by formulating mitigating plans.
Impact and Influence (II)
Influences using indirect strategies.
- Understands and builds professional relationships with key stakeholders to better target communication.
- Uses established credibility, past experiences and expertise to convince stakeholders to create buy in
- Probes and takes initiative to understand stakeholders’ current needs / issues and recommends win-win solutions.
Driving Excellence (DE)
Proactively manages contingencies.
- Anticipates obstacles and proactively plans for multiple contingencies to speed execution.
- Possesses the tenacity and persistence to see through improvement initiatives.
- Takes on new roles and responsibilities when faced with unexpected changes.
Driving Innovation & Creativity (DIC)
Seeks for improvement opportunities.
- Proactively looks to recommend improvements to current ways of working.
- Draws inspiration from best practices to resolve issues.
- Helps others to view situations from alternative perspectives to encourage creativity and innovation.
Considers short term implications.
- Willing to take slight risks based on own judgment of the situation.
- When making plans or decisions, considers the impact those decisions will have on existing processes.
- Adapts current plans to ensure they don’t cause issues for other facets of the organization.
Service Orientation (SO)
Addresses underlying client needs.
- Takes a proactive approach in resolving requests, issues / problems by taking responsibility in identifying and resolving problems before requests, issues/ problems are communicated by clients.
- Ability to perceive client needs based on different situations and seeks information about the real underlying needs of internal and external clients beyond those expressed initially.
- Closely follows up on requests, issues/ problems communicated.
Teamwork & Collaboration (TC
Solicits and enhances inputs.
- Genuinely values the ideas and perspectives of others and communicates directly while using language and approach that will not offend.
- Listens to and builds on the views of others, seeking advice and input from multiple parts of the organization to ensure that there is mutual respect.
- Able to effectively coordinate effort from multiple parts of the organization which leads to high productivity.
Developing Others (OT)
Provides clarity and gives context.
- Asks questions to check that the individual understands how things work and why
- Supplements resources, tools, advice, demonstrations, or instructions to build greater contextual understanding of the person being developed.
- Delegates projects or assignments to develop an individual.