Duties & Responsibilities
Network operation services
- Request fulfilment, access management, event management, incident management, problem management, facilities management, technical management, and operations control for network infrastructure
- Analyse network related alert and plans for action.
- Perform resolution and root cause analysis to network related incidents.
- Access management for network
- Backup and recovery for all network
- Installation, Upgrades and Patch Management for network
Configure and manage network configuration.
- Work with Lead to produce runbook for all network and security devices.
- Work with Lead Produce and update all network high level design document.
- Work with Lead Produce and update all network low level design document.
Network quality, performance, and capacity management
- Measure quality and performance for both leaf and spine.
- Work with Lead to produce capacity management on network for availability services.
Maintenance of network cables
- Covered LAN, Inter-site, and WAN
- Covered spine and leaf
- Test, validate and manage UTP and Fiber cables
Network device management
- Health check, inventory, and relocation management
- Perform firmware upgrade.
- Work with Lead to produce to produce asset management reporting related to network devices.
- Monitor and manage inter-site connectivity.
Access control list management
- Configure, allow, deny, and record activity related to network security devices.
- Perform housekeeping related to network security configuration.
- Produce and update access control list report document.
Routing and policy management
- Configure, manage, and record all routing configuration on network security devices.
- Configure, manage, and record all policy configuration on network security devices.
Firewall operation and configuration management
- Request fulfilment, access management, event management, incident management, problem management, facilities management, technical management, and operations control for network security infrastructure
- Work with Lead to produce runbook for all security devices.
- Work with Lead to produce and update all security high level design document.
- Work with Lead to produce and update all security low level design document.
- Produce daily health check report related to network security.
Security device management
- Physical management
- Warranty management
- Configuration management
- Identity and access management
- Security audit management
Intrusion detection and prevention management of built-in function in network security devices
Security device backup and recovery
- Perform daily health check on network equipment.
- 24X7 event monitoring.
- Centralized log management.
- Work with Lead to produce network and security assessment and gap analysis.
- Work with Lead to produce Bi-annual network and security improvement report.
NETWORK ASSET MANAGEMENT
- Management, Tracking, and Reporting of all network assets
- Network asset sighting and auditing
- Management, Tracking, and Reporting of all network security assets
- Network security asset sighting and auditing
- Network and security asset relocation
SERVER ROOM MANAGEMENT
- UPS management (operation and bi-annual preventive maintenance)
- PDU maintenance
- Ensure optimal temperature and humidity level.
- Ensure the fire suppression system within the server room is constantly in operation.
Server Room Security
- Ensure security monitoring is up and running.
- Ensure access control is up and running.
- Tracking of assets in server room
Server room capacity and design management
- Ensuring an optimal design to ensure space utilization.
- Labelling and cabling maintenance
- Sever room maintenance report.
- Degree in information technology or equivalent
- At least 8 years of network experience in an enterprise environment
- Experience in network design including system integration.
- Experience in SD-WAN design and implementation is an advantage.
- LAN/WAN optimization technology experience/certification
- Certifications in CCNA, CCNP or equivalent is an advantage.
- Good English language skills
- Excellent communication, prioritization, and organization skills
- Very good TCP/IP knowledge
- Good knowledge of switching/routing technologies
- Good knowledge of VPN technologies
- Good understanding of any proxy platform
- Good wireless LAN knowledge
- IP telephony knowledge
- Very good understanding of any FW/NIPS platform.
- Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Business Planning
- People and Performance Management
- Analytical thinking
- Creative problem solving
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Business writing
- Vendor management
- IT Governance and Management Practice
- Active Directory and Azure Active Directory Management
- IT Service Level Management and Performance Measurement
- IT Project Management
- IT Security Management
- DNS Management.
- Knowledge in networking skill sets, IT security and tools, Windows client and server operating system, Microsoft SQL, IIS and firewall security.
- Knowledge of security vulnerabilities and exploits.