Duties & Responsibilities
Develop, implement, maintain and enforce end to end IT Change Management process and procedures across MDEC.
Manage day to day IT changes in line with the IT Change Management process, which includes but is not limited to:
- Convening, chairing, and documenting of CAB including Emergency CAB (ECAB)
- Request for Change (RFC) impact assessment and categorisation
- Ensure RFCs are completed adequately, including review of the testing, implementation, and back out plans
- Work with Change Initiators to rectify in the event where RFC does not meet RFC requirements
- Plan and schedule different changes based on priorities and impacts, as well as co-ordinate with different stakeholders prior to CAB presentation.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure changes are delivered on time and meet expectations.
- Ensure reviewed RFC records are completed with appropriate CAB authorization
- Adoption of a zero tolerance to unauthorised Changes
- Create and deliver Change Management reporting as required to meet IT and Business requirements
- Ensure all RFCs are documented and available
- Creation and management of the Forward Schedule of Changes (FSC)
- Review forward schedule to ensure that conflicts do not exist. Negotiate with IT teams and Change Initiators to resolve as required
- Take corrective action or escalate process issues to relevant IT or Business stakeholders
- Complete Risk assessment of changes and propose mitigation as required
- Conduct Post Implementation reviews, manage and track change issues, as well as maintain a register of agreed actions on resolution
- Provide forward notice of changes that will impact Business operations
Perform gap analysis with regards to IT change management process and procedures
Drive and implement continuous improvement to the IT Change Management process and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- ITIL V3 Certification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in ITSM Change Management Role
- Project Management Experience
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Mature Reporting Skills
- Knowledge of ISO 20K
- Business maturity, rapport, credibility and dependability dealing with management
- Experience in negotiating with key stakeholders to achieve a win-win situation
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Good communication and conflict management skills
Strategic Agility (SA) - Applies external trends and considers potential risk.
- Shows good understanding of the business imperatives and the implications in the medium term with respect to external forces.
- Keeps up to date on current industrial trends and recognizes how it may impact one’s work area.
- Draws inspiration from external trends / best practices to resolve issues.
Analytical Insights (AI) - Considers potential risks.
- Conducts in-depth analysis to identify various inter-linkages that are not noticeably related to judge the best course of action.
- Evaluates risks, implications and challenges of past initiatives and leverages on the insights for the current situation.
- Evaluate best course of action by formulating mitigating plans.
Impact and Influence (II) - Influences using indirect strategies.
- Understands and builds professional relationships with key stakeholders to better target communication.
- Uses established credibility, past experiences, and expertise to convince stakeholders to create buy in
- Probes and takes initiative to understand stakeholders’ current needs / issues and recommends win-win solutions.
Driving Excellence (DE) - Proactively manages contingencies.
- Anticipates obstacles and proactively plans for multiple contingencies to speed execution.
- Possesses the tenacity and persistence to see through improvement initiatives.
- Takes on new roles and responsibilities when faced with unexpected changes.
Driving Innovation & Creativity (DIC) - Seeks for improvement opportunities.
- Proactively looks to recommend improvements to current ways of working.
- Draws inspiration from best practices to resolve issues.
- Helps others to view situations from alternative perspectives to encourage creativity and innovation.
Self-Initiatives (SI) - Considers short term implications.
- Willing to take slight risks based on own judgment of the situation.
- When making plans or decisions, considers the impact those decisions will have on existing processes.
- Adapts current plans to ensure they do not cause issues for other facets of the organization.
Service Orientation (SO) - Addresses underlying client needs.
- Takes a proactive approach in resolving requests, issues / problems by taking responsibility in identifying and resolving problems before requests, issues/ problems are communicated by clients.
- Ability to perceive client needs based on different situations and seeks information about the real underlying needs of internal and external clients beyond those expressed initially.
- Closely follows up on requests, issues/ problems communicated.
Teamwork & Collaboration (TC) - Solicits and enhances inputs.
- Genuinely values the ideas and perspectives of others and communicates directly while using language and approach that will not offend.
- Listens to and builds on the views of others, seeking advice and input from multiple parts of the organization to ensure that there is mutual respect.
- Able to effectively coordinate effort from multiple parts of the organization which leads to high productivity.
Developing Others (OT) - Provides clarity and gives context.
- Asks questions to check that the individual understands how things work and why
- Supplements resources, tools, advice, demonstrations, or instructions to build greater contextual understanding of the person being developed.
- Delegates projects or assignments to develop an individual.