Duties & Responsibilities
Develop and manage the IT operational strategies and drive business operational productivity improvement through integrated & efficient IT programs and systems
- Develop, update and review the IT Strategic Plan in relation to IT Operations and to define the way forward to improve on technology adoption in the organization to achieve excellence IT operation delivery and support
- Develop and manage the Annual IT Operational Plan by defining the IT tactical plan that in line with the ISP long term strategic direction
- Formulate and manage the IT Operations strategies and governance plan to ensure proper management of the IT Operations that reflects MDEC’s stakeholder interest to derive the most value in IT usage
Build and manage a cohesive ICT infrastructure that is stable, robust and scalable to support business needs and future growth
- Develop and finalize the overall IT Infrastructure Plan and ensure the underlying infrastructure is able to satisfy the business needs and future capacity growth
- Lead and control IT infrastructure program consisting key IT projects and ensuring the project objectives are all achieved that contribute to the Program key deliverables
- Lead, review and finalize the IT Infrastructure improvement plan by critical analysis of the underlying performance, technology usage and system function to enhance the infrastructure usage in MDEC
Implement and manage innovative management practices to improve IT Business Unit effectiveness and enhance performance
- Formulate and improvise IT Policies and Processes by incorporating best practices, lesson learnt and expert feedback
- Develop IT Security Architecture and Standards based on industry best practices
- Enforcement of Approved and Published Policies and Standards
- Formulate and implement IT Service Delivery best practices by deploying and maintaining the ITIL framework
- Continuously solicit improve methods to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness in the management of IT by conducting research, POC and dialogue with key industry player to enhance knowledge and skill
- Lead and manage the IT Awareness Program to educate users on IT usage and to achieve the awareness program objectives
- Coach and impart knowledge to team members to improve staff competency, proficiency and knowledge for them to work efficiently and effectively to meet the organization goals
Lead and manage the IT outsourcing services & providers and provide user support programs to improve customer service management capabilities
- Develop and finalize the SLA and ensure IT services is rendered in the most efficient and optimize manner to achieve the intended SLA
- Lead and develop proactive ITO services and Service Delivery Improvement and optimize the resource usage to gain the most efficient result
- Lead, manage and track the ITO provider performance and be result-oriented to achieve the MDEC’s goals and objectives
- Lead and manage the ITO contract and negotiate for better SLA, scope of work and pricing to enhance and create higher value add for MDEC
- Lead and manage ITO projects to improve and enhance the IT service delivery to the customers and ensure project objectives is meet
- Develop and manage the ITO Cost and perform cost benefit analysis to ascertain optimize value for money
- Lead and manage the Annual Customer Satisfaction Survey and finalize the outcome to recommend ways to improve customer services
Consult users on IT related matters for key organizational ICT projects and act as committee member in several internal and external ICT committees
- Consult and conduct Technical Evaluation for IT Projects by Other Departments
- Consult and provide IT Assistance and Technical Advisory for MDEC related IT Programs by Various Departments in MDEC
- At least 5+ years in IT Service Delivery management
- At least 5 to 7 years of IT project management
- At least 5 years’ experience in resource management
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent
- Certifications in ITIL, with ISO is an added advantage
- PMP Certification, Information Security qualifications like CISM, CISA, CISSP would be advantageous
- Technical Skills / Knowledge Specialization:
- Governance and Management Practice
- IT Service Level Management and Performance Measurement
- Requires thorough knowledge of security practices, procedures, and capabilities in order to perform non-repetitive, analytical work.
- Strong technical and hands-on experience in deploying firewalls, enterprise level switches, IDS (Intrusion Detection System)/IDP (Intrusion Detection & Prevention), corporate anti-virus solutions and LAN & WAN networking and Unified Threat Management System.
- Strong knowledge in networking skill sets, IT security and tools, Windows client and server operating system, Microsoft SQL, IIS and firewall security.
- Strong knowledge of security vulnerabilities and exploits.
- Strategic Thinking
- Release Management
- Planning, Management and Re-engineering of IT Outsourcing Services
- Organizing for Achievement
- Communication and Change Management
- Creative Problem Solving and Operational Management
- Vendor and Contract Management
- Internal and External Customer Focus / Interaction
- Contract and Negotiation Skill
- Staff Mentoring, Coaching and Management
Strategic Agility (SA) - Applies external trends and considers potential risk.
- Shows good understanding of the business imperatives and the implications in the medium term with respect to external forces.
- Keeps up to date on current industrial trends and recognizes how it may impact one’s work area.
- Draws inspiration from external trends / best practices to resolve issues.
Analytical Insights (AI) - Considers potential risks.
- Conducts in-depth analysis to identify various inter-linkages that are not noticeably related to judge the best course of action.
- Evaluates risks, implications and challenges of past initiatives and leverages on the insights for the current situation.
- Evaluate best course of action by formulating mitigating plans.
Impact and Influence (II) - Influences using indirect strategies.
- Understands and builds professional relationships with key stakeholders to better target communication.
- Uses established credibility, past experiences, and expertise to convince stakeholders to create buy in
- Probes and takes initiative to understand stakeholders’ current needs / issues and recommends win-win solutions.
Driving Excellence (DE) - Proactively manages contingencies.
- Anticipates obstacles and proactively plans for multiple contingencies to speed execution.
- Possesses the tenacity and persistence to see through improvement initiatives.
- Takes on new roles and responsibilities when faced with unexpected changes.
Driving Innovation & Creativity (DIC) - Seeks for improvement opportunities.
- Proactively looks to recommend improvements to current ways of working.
- Draws inspiration from best practices to resolve issues.
- Helps others to view situations from alternative perspectives to encourage creativity and innovation.
Self-Initiatives (SI) - Considers short term implications.
- Willing to take slight risks based on own judgment of the situation.
- When making plans or decisions, considers the impact those decisions will have on existing processes.
- Adapts current plans to ensure they do not cause issues for other facets of the organization.
Service Orientation (SO) - Addresses underlying client needs.
- Takes a proactive approach in resolving requests, issues / problems by taking responsibility in identifying and resolving problems before requests, issues/ problems are communicated by clients.
- Ability to perceive client needs based on different situations and seeks information about the real underlying needs of internal and external clients beyond those expressed initially.
- Closely follows up on requests, issues/ problems communicated.
Teamwork & Collaboration (TC) - Solicits and enhances inputs.
- Genuinely values the ideas and perspectives of others and communicates directly while using language and approach that will not offend.
- Listens to and builds on the views of others, seeking advice and input from multiple parts of the organization to ensure that there is mutual respect.
- Able to effectively coordinate effort from multiple parts of the organization which leads to high productivity.
Developing Others (OT) - Provides clarity and gives context.
- Asks questions to check that the individual understands how things work and why.
- Supplements resources, tools, advice, demonstrations, or instructions to build greater contextual understanding of the person being developed.
- Delegates projects or assignments to develop an individual.